My Top 5 Favorite Cafes and Places to Study in Prague

By: Rebekah Powell

While studying abroad in Prague, the one thing about my home university (Georgetown) that I quickly began to miss was the plethora of places to study just closeby. In addition to study spaces on campus there are dozens of coffee shops and cafes just a couple blocks away that make for a perfect study spot. Because of the lack of a traditional college campus while abroad, I found it hard to motivate myself to do work without a designated workspace. I began to look for cafes and coffee shops around Prague and found a couple that made for the perfect study spot.

1. Coffee Corner – This quickly became my favorite place to study at. Conveniently located right off the Perunova tram stop, the atmosphere is cozy and the staff is very friendly. The coffee is great and the food is AMAZING. I definitely recommend stopping by for lunch even if you don’t plan to study. 
  2. La Forme – This is probably my second favorite place to study behind Coffee Corner. Although somewhat small, I have found that it was easier to focus with less people around and in a smaller space. The coffee is top tier and the pastries are delicious. Great atmosphere for doing work alone or collaborating with fellow students.
  3. Coffee and Waffles (Moskevska) – Coffee and Waffles was my all-time favorite place to get breakfast. The staff is extremely friendly – I got to know a couple of them as I would get coffee in the mornings multiple times a week! When I had time to sit down for breakfast, it was one of the best meals I had eaten in Prague. Although not commonly a place to do work, I have on occasion sat down to study (I just HAD to include it in this list; it's one of my top favorite places in Prague).
  4. Miners Cafe – I stumbled upon this coffee shop while on the way to La Forme and decided to try it out. It has a very bright and modern look with a productive atmosphere – although laptops are only allowed at designated tables to encourage social interaction. The coffee was delicious and unique.
  5. Botanica Coffee Truck – This place is quite different from others on the list as it is an outdoor space with a coffee truck. Tucked away behind a flower shop, this space is covered in flowers and luscious greenery. It offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere perfect for reading or taking a break from studying. Definitely a must during the warmer months, but is also decked out in pumpkins during fall. If anything, Botanica is perfect for pictures!