Most Recommended!

Angela Y.

My trip to South Korea has come to a close, but I would like to share all the places, restaurants, and cafes that I spent most of my time at, and I would like to recommend them to you!

Moeum

It is my all-time favorite cafe. It is not a study cafe, but the ambiance of the cafe creates a very good environment to work on both individual and group projects. Coupled with great coffee, this is definitely a cafe that can take up your entire afternoon. 

Location: 11 1st and 2nd floors of Sinchon Station-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul (서울 서대문구 신촌역로 11 1층, 2층)

Metcha

Located in the heart of Myeongdong,  Metcha is a 3-floored cafe focusing on matcha and green tea. Thus, the matcha cream latte is to die for!! With a selection of sweet treats, it is a great place to be for a little break from the shopping, and to enjoy the atmosphere. 

Location: 17, Myeongdong 9-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul (서울 중구 명동9길 17)

Mother-in-Law Bagel

A little unexpected, but if you are craving a good bagel, Mother-in-Law Bagel is the place! They have a wide assortment of bagels and cream cheeses that will definitely be a great breakfast to go, or if you are craving the flavor! The scallion cream cheese with the everything bagel toasted is my favorite, so give it a try if you would like to!

Location: 1st floor on the 5th floor of Ewha Womans University 5-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul (서울 서대문구 이화여대5길 5 지상 1층)

We SALADU Fresh

If you are craving something a little healthier, We Salad is the place! They have very good Mediterranean salads and hummus that can knock your socks off. They also have vegan options, so there is something for everyone!

Location: 52-31, Ewha Womans University-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul (서울 서대문구 이화여대길 52-31)

Myeongdong Kyoja

Being on the South Korea Michelin Recommended restaurants for 5 years in a row, Myeongdong Kyoja has the best dumplings and noodles I have had in a while. With only four items on the menu, you know that all of there dishes are very good. There is always a long line, but don't get scared! The line moves very fast, so give it a try!

Location: 29, Myeongdong 10-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul (서울 중구 명동10길 29)

Outdark

My favorite fried chicken restaurant in Korea. It is very subjective but Outdark holds a very special place in my heart. With some beautifully fried, crispy, juicy chicken with a limoncello highball is the perfect end to a stressful school week. There are multiple locations around Yonsei University, so don't worry if this location is farther from where you are!

Location: 16 Ewha Womans University 5-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul (서울 서대문구 이화여대5길 16)

SPAO Street Food Stands

It may be specific, but the street food stands that are right outside of this SPAO have seen many of my vulnerable moments. Whether it is to take some dinner home at 10 pm, or to nourish my body after a study session at 2 am, they have great, soul-reviving food. 

Location: 94 Sinchon-ro Mapo-gu Seoul

Moving on to places I recommend going!

Queen Study Cafe

Sorry gentlemen! This cafe is a 24-hour female-only study cafe. Stocked with slippers, blankets, and coffee, this cafe has great individual study rooms so you can have an environment where you are not only comfortable but also in a head space to study as hard as you can. 

Location: 3rd floor of Nasan Building, 87-4 Sinchon-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul (서울 서대문구 신촌로 87-4 나산빌딩 3층)

Able Gym

A fantastic gym to commit to if you would like to work out in South Korea. During the weekdays, they are open 24 hours. Even if you did not sign up for personal training, there is a complementary 20-minute session, where you can meet with a trainer and they can teach you what you would like help on, so you can practice during your regular workouts. The gym itself is not extremely big, but the space is very clean and stocked with everything from workout clothes to vanity mirrors. They also hold promotions often, so do not worry, they will have a membership for you! Just keep in mind that they are limited to English. They are incredibly nice and patient, but you may need to use Papago before signing the contract. 

Location: 1-39 Nogosan-dong Mapo-gu Seoul

The final place I would like to recommend is 

Madi Mada

A small salon with some of the friendliest and quirky girls I have ever met. This is a nail salon and they do some incredible work with gel nail art, design, and gems. They are also very quick to respond to questions and reservations, so do not be afraid! Just as a heads up, English is not their strong suit, but they are good English writers. If you need help, just let them know to text, and it's smooth communication from there! As someone who is not fluent in Korean, I really appreciated the fact that they tried to make conversations with me and create an atmosphere where I did not feel awkward if I did not understand something. 

Location: 104-36 Daehyeon-dong Seodaemun-gu Seoul (서울특별시 서대문로 149 206호 ) 

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in South Korea, but here are all the places that I repeatedly return to! Check out my Instagram at @___ywh14 for more recommendations in South Korea and I hope my blogs have been helpful, as you plan your trip to South Korea. Thank you!

EXPLORE SOUTH KOREA PROGRAMS