A Memorable Weekend in Busan: Gamcheon Culture Village, Cable Cars, and Magnate

Perla D.

When exploring a new city, it’s essential to experience some of the most known tourist attractions. During our time in Busan, my friends and I explored some must-see destinations that travelers should go to in order to make the most out of their time there. Here are some highlights from our trip:

Gamcheon Culture Village

The culture village is a must see tourist attraction in Busan and if you are there I highly recommend visiting. The village has amazing views of the colorful homes and you can find random alleyways that lead you to the best small shops in the village. Every corner of the village was filled with street art and I could not resist taking so many photos. Of course my friends and I participated in a little retail therapy by enjoying some treats being sold, picking up souvenirs, and so much more.

Picture in Culture Village
Picture in Culture Village
Busan Air Cruise Cable Car

We knew that we HAD to get on a cable car while being in Busan. Each car had a bluetooth system, allowing us to set the mood with our favorite songs as we soared over Busan and the beautiful water. The cable car took us to a completely different attraction where we were able to see a rooftop view of the city and a small hiking area near the water. This was the cutest place for memorable photos!

Cable car view
Magnate

Before even arriving in Korea, I knew I wanted to go to BTS member Jimin’s dad’s cafe called Magnate. I feared it would be too touristy but we were pleasantly surprised at how big the cafe was. We were able to sit and enjoy our drinks. Our visit became even more special when we saw all the Jimin-related decorations, which were very fitting as we visited just a few days before Jimin’s birthday. There were even small personal touches such as a signed album by Jimin displayed for everyone to see. 

Decor at Magnate
Decor at Magnate

Our weekend in Busan was unforgettable!