Lights. Camera. Action! Film Studies in Prague

Film Studies

Are you a wanna-be Spielberg who likes to view life through the lens of a camera? Or a budding writer with ideas for a feature-length screenplay?

Then bring your talents to Prague for an exceptional semester at one of the oldest and best filmmaking schools in Europe - the world-renowned Prague Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU). Here you’ll become part of Prague’s rich filmmaking tradition that includes Miloš Forman, Agnieszka Holland, Emir Kusturica, and Jan Svěrák. 

For a full semester, immerse yourself in either film production or screenwriting alongside students from around the world; gain on-set experience; learn from Oscar-winning industry experts; see the innerworkings of film studios; and hone your craft so you’re ready for the professional world.

Small class-sizes ensure you get the guidance and mentoring needed to come away with either a polished 16-mm film or the first half of a feature-length screenplay. And regardless of track, you’ll gain deep insight into the magical city of Prague, its culture, traditions, language, and history.

“For students interested in cinematography - the opportunity to travel to and create in a new culture is the chance of a lifetime. Not to mention attending one of the best film schools in the world,” said CIEE Prague Director, Will Barnard. “This program is really one-of-a-kind.”

Learn more about Film Studies in Prague.