LIBERAL ARTS NEWSLETTER/FALL 2017/ISSUE II

Olga Merino

GREETINGS FROM SEVILLA!

We almost reached the middle of the semester at the same time that the Autumn season started in Sevilla. At this point of the semester, students are completely settled.

ACADEMICS

Students have been very busy lately with their classes and midterm exams, which they took last week of October.

Among the diverse range of out-of-class activities in which students are participating, there have been some novelties. For instance, some of the students in the Anthropolgy of Sport in Spain course, volunteered for the 1st Sevilla International Master Regata. Together with a group of thirty Spanish university students, CIEE participants helped welcoming athletes, assisting at the pier and collaborating at the prize ceremony.

Also, Academic Writing and Critical Thinking students had the privilege to attend the Festival de Cine Europeo in Seville. They witnessed how Kiti Mánver, a very well known Spanish actress, received an award for her acting career. Later on, students watched the premiere of the film: "Las heridas del viento" where Kiti Mánver stars. All of this happened in the Teatro Lope de Vega one of the most famous theaters in Sevilla.

CULTURAL ACTIVITIES: INTEREST GROUPS

Since mid-September, students have been taking part in the activities and events organized by the Interest Groups. For example, students in the Iberian Gastronomy participated in a wine tasting in order to learn about the differences between Iberian wines while students in  the Cultural Expressions IG participated in a Ceramics and Pottery workshop at the studio of a local artist, where they made their own clay piece and used the pottery wheel.

We hope that you are having a great fall semester.

All the best from Sevilla,

Sergio and Olga