LIBERAL ARTS NEWSLETTER/FALL 2017/ISSUE I

Liberal Arts

Olga Merino

GREETINGS FROM SEVILLA!

It has already been a month since Liberal Arts participants arrived in Sevilla ready to spend their fall semester in our city.

ORIENTATION

The first week following the arrival of students is devoted to introduce them to the logistics of the program and the city itself. The onsite orientation is a combination of sessions on housing, health and safety and academics (among others) and tours that include hints that help students to start learning how to navigate the city.

ACADEMICS

At this time of the semester, students are completely settled. The course they took during the first two weeks of the program (the intensive session) served as their first academic connection with the program.

Now, students have a full class schedule for the semester which many of them are beginning to combine with volunteer, interest groups, intercambios and cultural activities.

CULTURAL ACTIVITIES

During this first month, students had the opportunity of participating in a wide array of cultural activities ranging from cultural tours such as a visit to the Cathedral and the Alcazar, to more interactive events such as cooking tapas and grafitti workshops.

Liberal Arts participants were also offered trips to Córdoba, Carmona and other nearby towns. They also travelled to Granada, where they spent a weekend enjoying, the Alhambra and the Albayzin quarter, declared World Heritage site by UNESCO.   

We hope that you had a great semester start.

Please visit our Facebook to see what is going on this semester in Sevilla!

All the best,

Sergio and Olga