LIBERAL ARTS NEWSLETTER / SPRING 2017 / ISSUE I

Liberal Arts

Olga Merino

GREETINGS FROM SEVILLA!

Time flies! It has been already a month since Liberal Arts participants arrived in Sevilla …

INTRODUCTION TO THE SPANISH CULTURE

During their first week in Sevilla, students started to get used to the Spanish time, meals and language.

Throughout orientation, in addition to attending to informative sessions on health and security, academics, etc., students participated in several extra-curricular activities such as tapas dinners, a bike tour and a Flamenco workshop. This way, students experienced first-hand some Spanish cultural elements.

Collage LA 2

ACADEMICS

All spring participants ended their intensive session satisfactorily. This two-week course helped students to brush up their Spanish and get linguistically ready for the content classes for the rest of the semester.

Now, that students are settled in their regular session classes and have their definitive class schedule, they are starting to participate in other activities in the community such as volunteering and practicing sports.

TRIPS

Collage LA 3

At this point of the semester, apart from other cultural activities and trips organized by the Student Services Department, Liberal Arts participants spent an overnight in Granada, where they visited the Alhambra, the Albayzin neighborhood and the Royal Chapel, where Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand are buried.

Many students have also spent a day in Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, where apart from learning about the city history and art, students visited a vineyard, Bodegas González Byass, where they got a grasp of the entire process of the wine production: from the grapes to the bottle.

We hope that you are having a great semester so far.

Please visit our Facebook to see what is going on this semester in Sevilla!

All the best,

Jorge, Sergio and Olga