Language + Society Program Newsletter, Spring 2017, Issue I

Antonio Romero Martin

NewsletterBannerSeville686x101

Page1

GREETINGS FROM SEVILLE!

The spring semester 2017 of the CIEE Language and Society program took off two weeks ago with a really useful orientation to guide our students in their abroad experience. After arrivals, students were assisted by local CIEE staff members to get accommodated with their new host families at their new homes, as well as to get familiarized with their neighborhood, the CIEE study Center and the main utilities of the city. Topics like health and safety or academic affairs were dealt in different sessions during those days. Then, the weekend came, and with it the opportunity to explore the city and its culture a bit deeper in an autonomous way. The orientation concluded with a visit to the Alcazar of Seville.   

Page2

After the orientation, the academic course opened last week with the intensive Spanish course attendance during two weeks. Students enjoy some experimental learnings in their out-of-class activities like going to the cinema to watch Contratiempo, at the same time that they work in new linguistic tasks. This Friday, February 3rd, a final exam will close the intensive course of Spanish and will give room to their regular classes which will be confirmed after a first selection in their final registrations and after the add-drop period.

20170125_134922

Finally, CIEE invited their students to reflect about their expectations and challenges for their semester abroad: how they can prevent or overcome potential or possible obstacles, how they can reach their aims and the support they might need. We are sure that they will achieve most of their dreams and we are here to lead them and walk together in their adventure.