K-POP Music Shows!!

Simone K.

During my time in Korea, I think the most special thing that I did was going to music shows! As a 7-year K-pop fan, I am always curious about how K-pop idols film their stage performances. One of my goals before coming to Korea was to go into one music show! Then, I achieve my goal and had a fantastic experience at music shows~ So today, I am going to share some of my experiences!

The first music show that I went to was M Countdown (KEP1ER), but I went with a friend so I did not know the process of applying for a music show. Then, everything started with Xikers ~ I was a little late, but I was able to go to two of their music show recordings (M Countdown & Music Core)  This was when I started to know the process of applying to music shows. It is so fun to watch music shows because the audience is really close to the stage so I always see the idols very clearly. I want to experience different music shows so I started to follow a group called ATBO. And the story begins...

Before I start sharing my experience, these are the music shows' schedules every week

Monday: Simply K-pop

Tuesday: The Show

Wednesday: Show Champion

Thursday: M countdown

Friday: Music Bank

Saturday: Music Core

Sunday: inkigayo

YEP! There are music shows every day ~ Typically, when a K-pop group has a comeback, they go to music shows to promote their songs(usually 2-3 weeks, depending on the group) 

For ATBO, their promotion was 4 weeks~ I went to A LOT of their prerecordings and lives during these 4 weeks. I also experienced their fan meeting and one day manager( where they will come out and give their fans photocards). I was also able to celebrate my bias's birthday at the music show!!! They are literally so nice to their fans~ I don't know how to describe how happy I was during these 4 weeks. Everything feels unreal! Besides ATBO, I also saw many groups, such as Straykids, Le sserafim, Enhypen, etc. It still feels like a dream... 

About how to apply for music shows, every group is different and all of them use different platforms for announcements. So make sure to check their official platforms for information about applying for music shows~ Don't miss out on any chance to see your favorite idols while you are in Korea!