How Affordable is it to Live in Tallinn?

CIEE Tallinn

One of the biggest advantages of studying in Tallinn is the affordability of living and studying there. Compared to other European cities such as London or Paris, Tallinn is relatively inexpensive. Here are some factors to consider:

Transportation

Public transportation in Tallinn is well-developed and relatively affordable. The city offers an extensive network of buses, trams, and trolleys, with reasonably priced monthly passes available. Additionally, Tallinn has a bike-sharing system and a growing infrastructure for cycling.

Food and groceries

The cost of food and groceries in Tallinn can be considered affordable. There is a range of supermarkets, local markets, and discount stores where you can find reasonably priced groceries. Eating out at restaurants and cafes can vary in price, with options available for different budgets.

Entertainment and leisure

Tallinn offers various entertainment options, including cultural events, museums, parks, and recreational activities. Prices for these activities can vary, but overall, there are options available for different budgets.

Conclusion

In conclusion, compared to bigger cities in European, Tallinn is relatively inexpensive. Cost for food, transportation and entertainment are also lower than in many other European countries, making it an attractive option for students who are looking to get a quality education without breaking the bank