Harajuku Excursion: Vintage Store Hopping

Arts +Sciences

Betty Wang

Hello all! 

I headed off to Harajuku with a few friends and we walked around looking at vintage stores like Funktique, Dangerous Nude, Dog, etc. When you think of Harajuku, you usually think of Takeshita street (square). While there are a good variety of stores like ACDC Rag, Wego, and the like, just walking a little further can bring you to the LINE store for lots of cute goodies and quaint vintage stores. I really recommend spending a day or two walking around Harajuku because not only are there really fun stores to browse through but the people who really bring Harajuku alive are dressed in the most amazing, varied, and unique ensembles. Harajuku is a great place to get statement pieces and you can support artists as well in their independent stores. I remember we spent some time looking through bomber jackets with cute Japanese themed embroidery and the owner was really kind and tried to speak in English. Although we weren't the best at Japanese and communication can be difficult, this moment reminded me that we aren't the only ones struggling to understand and people in Japan also want to understand us. Harajuku's a blast! ;D

Well that's the end of this blog, stay tuned for the next one. ^.^