Halloween in Korea

Shari S.

Halloween in Korea

1. Witch's Kitchen, October 1st

Halloween is my absolute favorite day of the year, so it was important to me that my roommate and I started October first with a fun Halloween event. Luckily, we found Witch's Kitchen right in Sinchon, a restaurant themed Halloween year round! We got a mummy pizza, scary salad, and even drinks that came in hospital iv bags. The atmoshphere of the entire place was *chefs kiss* impeccable.

2. Escape Room, October 2nd

The next day, my roomate and I went with our friend Yubin to an Escape Room! This one had an english option (v important) and was right in Hongdae. I have since gone back twice, and have loved it each time, highly reccomend.

3. Halloween Lattes, the whole month

I was pleasantly surprised at how many cafe's in Korea decorated for Halloween and had fall themed lattes! We made a point to visit as many cafes as possible, and of course get our fix of pumpkin spice lattes.

4. Paris Baguette, Daiso, and Art Box all came through, the whole month

I was able to find plenty of Halloween themed stationary and treats at our local Daiso, Art Box, and Paris Baguette's. It may be December now, but my desk is still littered with my pumpkin candies, jack-o-lantern, ghost sticky notes, and light up pumpkin pen.

5. Halloween manicure, October 17th

My roomie and I have found a wonderful nail salon that we have gone to since the beginning of our exchange. It's called "Itaewon Pro Nail" right in the heart of Itaewon- the sweetest ladies work there and they all speak english. We came in for our special Halloween manicures and were not dissapointed. 

6. Selly's Doughnuts, October 28th

Selly's Doughnuts is a great donut shop about a twenty five minute walk from my dorm. The whole month of October they had a photo area decked out in Halloween decor, and also had Halloween doughnuts and lattes.

7. COSTUME: Tom Cruise, October 31st

On the day of Halloween I planned on wearing two costumes: a subtle one during the day, and a crazier one when we went out that night. To start the day off my roommate and I matched in our Tom Cruise costumes. We imitated his mission impossible look in all black, glasses and finger guns (don't ask, it's an inside joke).

8. COSTUME: The Purge, October 31st

The second costume that day was from "The Purge: Election Year". I was particularly proud of my makeup look that day (check it out above) and my very homemade bloody shirt. My roomate was a dark fairy, with black wings, green makeup, and very cute hair. It was funny to see that the only people who were dressed up were the foreigners, but we didn't mind. We went to our favorite rooftop bar at the end of the night and tried their special Halloween cocktail (which was not very delicious), but still had a good time.

9. Scary Movie, October 31st

I think I got through about ten horror movies this month, not my best record yet. But! I absolutely love horror films and my roommate is not quite a fan, so I was happy that on Halloween day we were able to watch "Scary Movie" together:)