A Guide to the Best Eats in Barcelona

By: Alexa Levy

Barcelona, located in the heart of Catalonia, has one of the most delectable food scenes around the world! From tapas hidden in the narrow alleys of the Gothic Quarter to the vibrant flavors of Mercat de la Boqueria and the Palo Alto Market (my personal favorite!), Barcelona is one place I can assure you will not disappoint your taste buds! I will now share a list of my favorite and most notable breakfast, lunch, and dinner spots around Barcelona! 

Breakfast:

Kubo – An amazing brunch spot located just 2 minutes from the beach in Poblenou. This place has a complete menu with all food groups so everyone will find something they like.

Can Dende – Located right off the Glóries station, this quaint little brunch spot has the freshest food and homemade lemonade.

Breik Cafetería – A delightful everyday spot for affordable and amazing coffee and baked goods.

Brunch & Cake – This restaurant has a beautiful interior if you are looking for a meal with an experience. Amazing menu overall but the breakfast burrito is a 10/10.

Juice Dudes – A yummy vegan-friendly restaurant that specializes in açai bowls, juices, sandwiches, salads, and smoothies

Lunch: 

Surya – Delicious Indian-style restaurant situated in an underground nook. It is filled with amazing art and even better dishes. 

Honest Greens – Always packed with people, this restaurant has some of the freshest food around. Large portions of whole foods that leaves you feeling amazing.

Rook – The best fried chicken sandwiches! A delicious option for a quick bite to eat and comes with amazing homemade sparkling lemonade.

Lady Dumpling – The best dumplings. 

Burritos – A solid pick if you are feeling Mexican with a choose-your-ingredients style.

Dinner:

Taller de Tapes Argenteria – A tasty and affordable tapas option in the Gothic District. With a diverse menu and perfectly crafted drinks, this spot will not disappoint. 

Carmina – Beautiful ambiance and a great date spot with the most delicious Italian dishes and appetizers. 

Rosa Negra – Located off the Urquinaona station, Rosa Negra is an affordable Mexican restaurant with a fun late vibe. A great spot for a group of friends before going out. 

Monster Sushi – This one is on the pricier side but well worth it! The most delicious Japanese-style dishes with an ambiance to match. 

Here is my referral link for a discount on any study abroad program through CIEE: https://my.ciee.org/?rc=Alexalevy