Goodbye Korea, I'll See You Again

Lauren H.

Thank you Korea for all that you have given me. I'm sad to go. 

I was scared to come to a foreign country by myself without any knowledge on how I will communicate or get around. It was the first time where I would actually be alone. And being at home, due to the pandemic, during the majority of my college career I have never really been independent. Being here and forcing myself out of my comfort zone has allowed me to grow as a person. 

I feel more confident traveling on my own and communicating with people I don't know. Which for someone with social anxiety is a huge feat. 

I have gotten to experience new things with new people that I feel I would have been hesitant to do in America. I feel like my time in America, in quarantine, and being with my family 24/7 has held me back when I should have been developing who I was as a person. 

Out of everything that I can take with me from Korea it would be my growth and independence. I truly have learned a lot about myself while being here and have developed parts of myself that I don't think I would have while living in America. Studying abroad has always been one of my dreams when I thought about going to college. I am so grateful that I was given this opportunities and was able to accomplish one of my life goals. 

I will take everything I have learned and everyone I have met can remember them forever. Even the littlest interaction left a lasting impact on me.

So thank you Korea for everything that you have given me. You will always have a special place in my heart. Even though I am leaving I will be back very soon to make even more memories.