Go-To's

Geraldine L.

Back at home, I was never much of the adventurer. I like to stick with what I'm familiar with, and I will say that came with me when I came to Korea. Once I got a feel for certain places, I knew where I felt the most comfortable. Here I will be talking about my two Go-To places for cafes, restaurants, and activities.

Seongsu (성수)

Seongsu is more up and coming nowadays. It used to be a factory area but since the factories closed down, they have been converted into stores and even cafes. It is mostly popular for its cafe street which is right next to Seoul Forest and its several pop-up stores. There are soooo many cute cafes but my favorite is Oeuf (밀카페 우프 on Naver Maps). They have the most buttermilk-y buttermilk pancakes I have ever tasted in my LIFE. Seoul Angmusae (서울앵무새 on Naver Maps) is very popular for its cinnamon rolls. They are all sweet and delicious! You can find restaurants on the outskirts of the cafe street where they are tons of yummy options! And of course there is the Seoul Forest (서울 숲). A great place to take pictures or just to explore with friends! I plan to visit Seongsu more often and explore more to see what else it has to offer. I have a list.

Yeonnam (연남)

Yeonnam has sooooo many themed and aesthetically pleasing cafes as well as an array of different and delicious restaurants. There are also several places where you can do shopping and it's also the place where you can get cute caricatures done! Its more... hip, I dare say. I can't say I have a favorite place to visit just yet, but I have been to Cafe Teteum (카페테틈 on Naver Maps) which has a cafe on a second floor and the first has a bunch of cute stationery! My two favorite things! I will also never shut up about the french toast at Everyday Happy Birthday (에브리데이해피벌스데이 on Naver Maps). If your a fan of Studio Ghibli, there is a Kiki's Delivery Service themed cafe called Koriko Cafe (코리코카페 on Naver Maps). And the pasta places I have been to are ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE! There is also this cool photobooth that takes your pictures from an above angle. It's called Don't Lxxk Up (Don Look Up Yeonnam on Naver Maps). They have different kinds of glasses as props. It's still relatively new so there are usually lines out the photobooth.

Highly recommend you check out these two areas once you're in Seoul!