Food, Food, Food <3

Deanna C.

Something interesting I’ve observed since being here is the change of attitude I’ve had towards eating. Now don’t get me wrong, I have always loved a good meal and can easily be swayed with any of my favorite snacks regardless of where I am! However, I don’t ever remember being as excited about eating as I am here. I often have to make sure that I’m not getting more than I can handle simply because it all tastes so good!

I think more than anything, it has to do with the community oriented style of eating that is more prominent here than it is in the states or places I’ve been in europe. I also enjoy eating alone, but I’ve noticed that I rarely ever eat alone here, and there are so many restaurants made to cater to groups or parties of multiple people to share. I’ve always enjoyed eating with people, hearing about someone’s day over a warm plate, and simply laughing and sharing drinks with friends. Some of my favorite memories from this adventure abroad so far have come from moments that occurred at the dinner table, where I’d often be laughing so much my stomach would hurt before I was anywhere near full. Overall, the style of dining and numerous amounts of cuisine to choose from has made eating one of my favorite things to do here!

From all of these great experiences, I’ll try to recommend three lovely things I’ve eaten here that I definitely hope everyone has the opportunity to try. In no particular order!

Souffle Pancakes - Tokyo Supeulle

Photo for blog post Food, Food, Food <3

These souffle pancakes were absolutely to die for! I went and had these before a nail appointment with friends, served with cream, there are several options of souffle pancake to choose from, and I ate these incredibly fast. I ordered the plain pancakes which come with fruit and syrup! Located in Yeonnam, I will absolutely be going back

Dakgalbi - Ondaljip Sinchon Branch

Photo for blog post Food, Food, Food <3

This is a restaurant I’ve been to so many times now I think I have lost count at this point. Whenever I go with friends, we always end up ordering multiple servings of the spicy dakgalbi, rice bowls served with seaweed and mayo, and sparkly apple soju. It’s perfect for a late night meal in a fun area, and always playing something when people walk in. You can go here in Sinchon!

Noodles - Myeongdong Kyoja

Photo for blog post Food, Food, Food <3

This Michelin star restaraunt in Myeongdong has only four items on the menu, and is super cheap! One of my best friends who spent time in Seoul prior had been begging me to go here since I stepped foot in the city, and I can finally say that I went! And honestly, I was not disappointed. I enjoyed it a lot, and will definitely be coming back to try the other options! It’s been a long time since I had noodles that good!

This is just some of the many good eats I’ve had since I’ve been here! I’m absolutely ecstatic to try more!