First Jjimjilbang Experience

Bianca B.

Midterms are finally over!!!

A huge relief has been lifted, and I' m so excited to have more free time from school work. My friends and I were talking about going to a Jjimjilbal for a long time. This way we can celebrate our midterms ending with a time to relax and sleep! The Jjimjilbang we went to is called Dragon Hill Spa. You can find this place near Yongsan Station. It's pretty easy to get there via subway or bus. We took the bus from Ewha back gate; the bus is 750A, and you can take the bus all the way to the spa. We got there around 6:00pm.

We only had to pay 12,000 Won, while any entry past 8:00pm onward it would be 15,000 Won. You then would enter and go change in the changing rooms. The floors are split for men and women if you are using the baths. You don't need to bring your wallet in, because they will give you a bracelet. You just tap your bracelet when you are getting in, or you want to buy something from concessions. 

My friends and I kept changing from cold and hot saunas. We also got snacks from the concessions booth. We got charcoal cooked eggs, and got a sweet rice drink. The snacks were so good, and you can take the drinks into the saunas with you.

My favorite one we did was the ice room. I felt like I was home back in New England hahaha. It was funny to see people go in for a couple seconds and then come out. I was fine staying in there, but the rooms that are hot were another story. I could not handle it! There were some rooms that felt like I was being cooked, but I never was good with any type of heat haha. Go to a Jjimjilbang to experience the spa culture in Korea. It was fun to go with friends as well. It's also fun to go by yourself. Go relax and slow down! You deserve it!!

Thanks for reading! Sorry there are not a lot of pictures. I was too busy napping. Until next time!