Finding Our Seoul Mates

Tiffany K.

One of the most rewarding parts of participating in the CIEE Seoul has been the Seoulmates program. The Seoulmates are a group of college-aged locals who lead monthly CIEE cultural activities and help students adjust to life in Korea. If you choose to participate in the Seoulmates Small Group program, at the beginning of the semester you get paired up with one Seoulmate and 2-4 other exchange students and arrange your own meetings throughout the semester. Spending time with my small group has been the highlight of my semester here in Seoul! Getting the know Hyeonjin, my small group leader, has been an absolute joy. Since Hyeonjin is a local she knows all the great spots in Seoul in hang out at and has guided our group so well this entire semester. Having a local friend to lean on is a definite must for getting the most out of your experience abroad! Below are just a few of our adventures together this semester.

Photo for blog post Finding Our Seoul Mates

A must-do in Seoul: eating fried chicken next to the Han River 

While the cherry blossoms were blooming this spring, Hyeonjin was kind enough to give us a tour of her university!