Escape to Jeju

Casey C.

Dear Friends,

About a month ago for Chuseok, I went to Jeju with my friends! We left the dorms super early in the morning and basically spent the whole day taking classes in the hotel lobby -- definitely a day I won't forget. We were so exahusted we all took turns taking naps and waking each other up when we had classes. It was a great start to our 5 day trip in Jeju!

First, we went to the O'sulloc Tea Museum and Innisfree Jeju House which are both famous for their greentea farms. Though it was a gloomy day, it was perfect to take lots of photos. My friends and I spent awhile taking photos, all of which never ended up on our social medias (sorry to the guys who came with us and had to watch us take a million photos!). I also LOVE greentea so I had to get their greentea soft serve and it exceed my expectations, it was so rich and creamy~~  We also went to eat Jeju black pork at the famous black pork street. Truthfully, I couldn't tell the difference but the meat was still yummy. 

The next day, we ventured to the East side of the island and took a boat to Udo island! The ferry was only 15 minutes and the views were amazing, espicaly the views on the way back since we got to catch the sunset. At Udo island, we rented tandem bikes and biked everywhere. It was SO fun that I really want to go back. The island was so peaceful as we were surrounded by nature, definitely an escape from the city life in Seoul. We also took the bus down to Seowipo where we went to go see Cheonjiyeon Falls. I love nature so I was really happy that we were able to go look at one waterfall before going back to the city.

On our last night at Jeju, we went to Jungmun Saekdal Beach. The water was so warm it reminded me of Hawaii. We picnic there and had fried chicken and drinks! We stayed there until sunset which honestly, wasn't the best idea. All of my friends got really bad mosquito bites and the walk back to the bus stop was really dark and scary. We ended up taking a taxi to the bus stop because some of us got allergic reactions to the bug bites :( I actually accompnied my friend to the hospital to get medication because she was having trouble breathing. It was such an interesting experience because we went to see a doctor, get a consultation, and a prescription for under 30,000 won -- something you can not get in America. Despite the turn of events, our last night in Jeju was so fun and I had an amazing night. 

Throughout the trip, we did a bunch of mini stops and short adventures to all sorts of different places that I didn't list. But the fact that they were spontaneous made the trip 10x more exciting. I'm so happy I was able to go with my friends and really make memories I'll never forget (shoutout Ashley, Angela, Kristin, Darren, and Kevin for being the best adventure buddies). After Jeju, we hopped on a plane and went to Busan! Catch me in my next blog post where I tell you all about my amazing time there :)

Talk soon,

Casey