Day Trip in Insadong's Handmade Market + Cafe Find

Bianca B.

Insadong is a place I always found interesting because they have something new and old for everyone's liking.  You can find many beautiful traditional souvenirs and many indie stores that surround the area. We went to a market place called Ssamzigil. It's a 4 tier shopping center that has cute crafts, knick knacks, & one of a kind accessories. There was so many beautiful handmade goods, and also art pieces that can be found in this place. On the fourth tier, there is the infamous poop cafe.

We went on a Saturday to the Insadong area. We ate before we went because "priorities". We then started looking around the multiple souvenirs stores that were around. Ssamzigil was packed with people because it was a nice day outside. There was also food stalls in Ssamzigil that sold poop shaped bread that had red bean inside of it!

I would recommend going! the cafe was pretty fun to experience. The toilet shaped mugs made getting the latte worth it. The experience to see the handmade items made me want to buy everything. This would be the place if you want to grab souvenirs for your friends and family (& also for youself haha). 

From the SK global house, take the bus number 272 from Ewha woman's University back gate. Once you pass Gyeongbokgung, you can get off and walk around to see the different shops that specialize in different traditional Korean items such as wooden masks, hanji (traditional Korean paper), handmade knives, and hanbok (Traditional Korean Dress). There is also other stores that are around that give you discounted items such as hats, sunglasses, and other clothing. Ssamsigil is also located after the Gyeonbokgung stop!