A Day Outing to Nami Island

Joy M.

Photo for blog post A Day Outing to Nami Island

On a trip organized by CIEE, a group of students left at 8:00am for a full-day adventure at Nami Island. Many students slept for the two hours of travel, while some were too excited. As we stepped off the bus, we were greeted with many activities. A zipline directly to the island or a chance to bungee jump into the river. 

We stepped onto the ferry that took us to a small island full of families and kids. Our day started with a tour and history lesson about the island. The man-made island is named after a Korean General Nami, who is believed to be buried there. In addition, the island got extremely popular after the Korean Drama Winter Sonata was filmed there. Now the island is well-known for its trash and recycling systems (where everything used on the island is recyclable and used again for sculptures). 

Nami Island is the perfect weekend getaway from the busy city. After our lunch, we were free to roam around the island. My friends and I rented segways to ride around the island. While we rode around half of the island, we were able to pass various sculptures and ride along the riverfront. As our time was ending, we completed our day with a nice cup of Green Tea Latte and Peach Tea. 

I enjoyed my time at Nami Island and plan to visit again. This time, I want to zipline to the island and enjoy a picnic with my friends.