A day of magic in art

Summer Korean Studies

Valerie G.

I was able to go to one of my first art exhibits this past week. I never thought I was an artsy enough person to go to an exhibit and experience the works, but I was so wrong. I went to Dongdaemun Plaza where there was an interactive exhibition on art and it was one of the most incredible experiences I have had in South Korea thus far. I felt that in a city with little greenery I was suddenly absorbed into a forest or engulfed in multi-colored flowers. It was amazing seeing that with one touch on a wall a lion could roar or suddenly a flower would burst through the ground. This specific exhibit symbolizes nature as an everlasting cycle and how they incorporate the theme into their showcase is through a computer simulator that is constantly changing. Every second of this showcase is completely unique just like nature and that is just one of many earth-shattering aspects of this art presentation. Now on top of that spending, the day with a fellow CIEE met friend was just the topping on the cake.