A Day At Everland

Shari S.

A Day At Everland

Last month a few friends and I spontaneously decided to take a trip to Everland! If you've never heard of it, Everland is one Korea's most famous theme parks. It was on my bucket list of things to make happen while I was here, and I am so glad that the opportunity fell into my lap.

Early on Saturday morning my friends and I gathered and hopped onto the subway for our nearly two hour trip. Everland is about 36 kilometers outside of Seoul, and considering we had stayed out signifigantly late the night before in Itaewon, I napped for most of our trip there. We had to take a subway to Gangnam and then a bus that took us straight to Everland (we didn't realize it was quite literally an Everland bus, something we figured out after the bus was not making any stops and everyone on the bus seemed prepared for a trip to Disney).

We arrived at the park just after opening, at about ten am. I had done quite literally zero research beforehand, so the park was a complete surprise! It was beautiful, very much gave me Disney vibes. Signs and maps were in nearly ten languages, so the park is really accesable to foreigners from just about anywhere. Living in a university, I haven't really been seeing children, let alone families, so it was really refreshing to see parents and little kids. I heard a toddler scream for the first time since I've been in the country (not so refreshing).

Because it was October, they still had all of their Halloween decorations up. A lot of the rides themes had even been changed to be scary- something that I completely ate up. Lines were long, so we were only able to get onto about six rides the whole day. However, it was very worth it, we had SO MUCH FUN. I loved that nearly eveyone in the park wears these animal headbands, me and my group all decided to be goats together:)