Dalí Theater-Museum in Figueres and Girona

Fernando Janeiro

Almost in the blink of an eye, another January in Barcelona term has come and gone. But before this amazing group returned back home to their normal lives in the US, we took a day trip to the Dalí Theater-Museum in Figueres and then to Girona (hello GoT fans!).

We started out in the Dalí museum with an experienced guide—all the better to “understand” the surreal mind that was his! Seeing such a wide array of his works is simply astonishing. Moreover, to have his ideas—and obsessions—explained in context really completes the picture for the art viewer.

Next stop: Girona!

Just a quick ride from Figueres we arrived in Girona, a smaller yet just as enchanting medieval city as Barcelona. (And did I mention, Game of Thrones: Season 6 was filmed there!) After lunch, students accompanied our local students on a mini-tour of the old city, stopping along the way to take in the grandeur of the cathedral, walk along the ancient Roman wall and of course, as ANYONE should do when they visit Girona, enjoy incredibly delightful treats from Rocambolesc, an ice cream shop by one of the three Roca brothers, whose restaurant in Girona has garnered 3 Michelin stars.

And a special surprise: ¡MUY FELIZ CUMPLE to Sadie from University of Wyoming!

Photo for blog post Dalí Theater-Museum in Figueres and Girona

Ok chicxs, back to the bus…!