Christmas time at CIEE Prague!

Communications, New Media + Journalism

Peter Mistrík

With the looming end of the semester, the CNMJ students concentrate on their final exams and the last few days they spent growing professionally in the internships. However, even during this hectic period, there is always some time left for fun and cultural immersion.

On December 11, CIEE Prague hosted the Christmas party. Students of all programs were invited together with professors, buddies, home-stay families and local staff members. According to the old Czech tradition, the students received gifts from St. Nicholas, the Christmas Devil, and the Christmas Angel.

Students also had a chance to try one of the Czech Christmas traditions such as gingerbread decorating, making of paper snowflakes etc. And what would be a proper Christmas party without delicious food? Students were invited to taste Czech Christmas meals such as potato salad, fried carp, schnitzels, Christmas bread and tons of cookies.

Apart from the Christmas party, the students had a chance to participate in the group immersion activity they had chosen themselves. They spent a splendid night at the Christmas concert held at the gorgeous Mirror Chapel of Klementinum and grabbed a glass of mulled wine at the Old Town Square's Christmas market. Cheers!