Cafés, Cafés, and more Cafés

Lauren H.

Coming from Seattle, I thought we had a huge coffee and café culture. The idea of café hopping had no interest to me. So, when people were talking about the different cafes, they planned on going to or how often people went out to these cafes confused me. But now I find myself going to a new café every day, maybe even going to multiple. 

Korea has so many unique and Instagram-able cafes with delicious drinks and deserts. Here are a few that I’ve visited so far.

C. Through 

서울 마포구 동교로 266-6 1층 연남동 387-3 03982

Photo for blog post Cafés, Cafés, and more Cafés

This was one of the first café’s I visited, at the request of my friends. They had very detailed latte art offered and cute pastries that looked like little monsters. Something cool is they offer a surprise drink on their menu for people who are indecisive, like me.

Pink Mellow

서울 강남구 강남대로158길 27 지상1층, 2층 신사동 519-26 06034

My friends and I stumbled upon this café as we were walking around Gangnam with no plan. But its pink exterior is hard not to notice. You can tell they put attention to detail with their aesthetic, from their Instagram worthy interior to the heart shaped straws. Many of my friends asked where they themselves could find the café to visit. 

Greem Café (그림카페)

서울 마포구 성미산로 161-10 그림카페 연남동 223-14 03980

Before coming to Korea, I had seen many Instagram posts about this 2-D café. It makes you feel like you’re on a piece of paper. Even the cups look like they came out of a drawing. I went at a time when it wasn’t busy, so I was free to take many pictures. And if Greem Café doesn’t fit your taste, there are many other different cafes on the same street.

1인1잔

서울 은평구 연서로 534 진관동 219 03308

This café is in Eunpyeong Hanok Village. It seemed to be a very popular café being that we had to wait a little, but it was worth it. We sat at the top floor, giving us a view of the village and mountains. It had a very comforting vibe. When we ordered our drinks we were offered complementary deserts.