BLOCK TO BLOCK: Buenos Aires to Santiago

Open Campus Block

If studying in more than one city during your adventure abroad is right up your alley, consider combining Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile on CIEE’s Open Campus Block program. It’s an amazing way to experience two neighboring Latin American countries and gain a thorough understanding of their similarities and differences; culturally, geographically, linguistically, politically, and socially.

Just 700 miles west of Buenos Aires, Argentina sits Chile’s magnificent capital, Santiago. And traveling from the former to the latter couldn’t be easier! Ezeiza International Airport (EZE) in Buenos Aires is just a 40-minute drive from the Global Institute. Because the traffic in Buenos Aires can be a bit congestive, consider giving yourself at least an hour to get there.

Once you’ve checked-in, gone through security, and passport control there are plenty of shops and restaurants in EZE where you can kill a bit of time before your flight boards. The airport is clean, well-marked, and easy to get around in.

Once the plane is air-born, it’s a bit over two hours until you arrive in Santiago (remember there is a one-hour time difference between the two locations). If possible, secure yourself a window seat! As the plane approaches Santiago, you’ll be treated to a breathtaking view of the Andes – a sight you’re sure to remember for some time.

Like EZE, Santiago de Chile Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL) is clean, well-organized, and well-staffed. It sits just 20 minutes or so outside downtown Santiago, so before you know it, you’ll be settling in to live and learn in Chile!