Birthday With Red Velvet !! (By Red Velvet)

Deanna C.

I have a lot of fond memories from the semester, having been blessed enough to do a lot of amazing things with a lot of amazing people! I think though, one of my fondest memories probably in this lifetime has to be when I got to see Red Velvet in concert.

It was my first K-Pop concert in South Korea, and with a group I’d been a fan of for a really long time. Red Velvet’s music has helped me to get through some truly difficult times, and when my friend posed the idea of us getting to see them as part of my birthday weekend, I was so beyond happy. That entire weekend I think about with a wide smile on my face.

I went with three friends, and two of us headed up to the venue early to get our lightsticks (because if there’s one thing I’ve learned when it comes to K-Pop concerts here, it’s to do everything early.) After waiting for nearly two hours, we were able to pick up our merchandise, and headed back to Sinchon to quickly get ready, meet our other two friends, and then turn right back around to go to the venue.

Being there was honestly surreal! We picked up our tickets quickly, took pictures, and then headed inside up to our seats. From start to finish, the show was an absolute masterpiece, with the concert opening with the girls coming out of a music box in gorgeous pink dresses. The atmosphere of the concert was so lovely, with all the girls switching vibes and oufits effortlessly. My favorite member, Seulgi, ended up putting on a bear hat towards the end of the concert, and it left me smiling for days. I loved watching all of the choreography put on by the group and their backup dancers. Incredible shows like that remind me why I love music, dance, and storytelling so much!

I really hope to see more shows in the future, and to continue seeing my favorite artists perform. Something about live music performances really allows me to move through life happy for days on end.

Listen to Red Velvet! <3