The Beauty of Cafe Culture in Korea

Imti H.

Hello beautiful people!

My name is Imti Hassan and I’m from Maine! Currently, I am an AYP student with CIEE (which stands for a year program student). So yes, I have been in Seoul, South Korea for almost a year (since August) and boy have I had such an amazing experience. 

A rooftop cafe in Insadong

One of my favorite things about Seoul is its cafe culture. Believe it or not, most of my money has actually gone to cafes. Within Seoul, there are districts that divide it. One of my favorite areas to visit are Yeonam-dong which is near Hongdae, Insadong, and Hanam-dong just to name a few. I have been to a cat cafe, raccoon cafe, music-themed cafe, a kpop birthday-themed cafe, a book cafe, and many more. 

Yeonamdong
A painting I made at an art cafe
An art cafe I went to! This is a piece that I made!

Whether you travel to Busan, Jeju, or any other part of Korea, the cafe culture here is very strong and meticulously organized. 

A flower themed cafe in Hongdae
A flower-themed cafe 

The beauty of the cafe culture in Korea is that there are multiple cafes that cater to different audiences, which is why you will never go bored exploring different cafes.

So, if you read this blog and you are coming to Korea real soon, I highly recommend that you visit the cafes I have recommended or at least study in a cool themed cafe during your time abroad :)

This is Imti, and have a beautiful day!