Ansan Pics + I Hope You Can Relax

Emily S.

Midterms were rough for most of us. They certainly were stressful for me - in fact, I'm not even done. But when I get overwhelmed I just remember that I can always go for a walk (alone or with friends) to calm myself down. For those exchange students living in Woojungwon, Ansan is a great place to let off some steam and get away from everyone for a bit. For those in SK Global, it's still very close and a short walk away. When I first arrived at Yonsei, I went there both by myself and with friends - you can see pictures from both of those times in the gallery. We were so excited to just be here and see and smell and touch everything new. I tried to think back to that feeling after I was left feeling stressed and numb from exams and other work. I want to walk up Ansan again.

Whatever reason you had to study abroad in South Korea, I hope you can think back to it now. Were you a different person then, or do you feel the same? You came here for a reason. Now is halfway through the semester, and certainly not the time to lose sight of that reason. But it is also the perfect time to let loose a little bit and enjoy yourself. Especially following midterms - read a book, eat a sweet treat, sit in a cafe alone and people watch. Or you can do a brief, self-guided hike up the wonderful and accessible trails of Ansan. Try being alone if you haven't done it enough yet. Try getting together some friends if you've been alone too long. Work with yourself on what you want for the rest of your months here. Don't stress. It's been so long since your plane touched down, and it will be a long time before it takes off again. I hope you can relax.