Aalborg - Copenhagen Study Tour

Open Campus Block

Multi-day tours, designed to complement your academics and enhance your cultural immersion, are included in all of CIEE’s Open Campus Block programs! 

SPRING BLOCK I - AALBORG

Aalborg offers a rich history, cultural activity, and a spirit of innovation. The earliest settlements date from around 700 AD, and as the narrowest point on the Limfjord, it has been an important village during the Viking era and Middle Ages through to today. The nearby fishing industry, several institutions of higher education, agriculture-related industries, and many global companies make for a thriving northern hub. The famous party street, Jomfru Ane Gade, offers a thriving café and bar life for students to experience first-hand. We will visit Denmark’s national test-center for windmill development, the coastal area Thorupstrand, the largest fishery landing site in Northern Europe, WWII bunkers, Denmark’s only inland bird cliff, as well as the Viking-era museum at Lindholm Høje.

FREE TIME SUGGESTIONS 

Spend time at the Gråbrødrekloster Museet, the underground museum that tells the story of a Franciscan monastery and the history of the mar-ketplace, illustrating Aalborg’s Viking and medieval past.