21st Birthday Spent at Everland

Joy M.

In celebration of my 21st birthday, my friends and I planned an eventful outing to Everland, South Korea's largest amusement park. An hour away from Yonsei University, there were various means to get to Everland, whether by public transportation, shuttle buses, or private taxis. Ultimately, we used the shuttle bus service that takes us from Sinchon Station to Everland.
The first time out of the metropolitan city was exciting. Instead of tall city landscapes, there were finally views of mountains and green scenery with the occasional small towns. As we arrived at Everland, we were greeted with a long line wrapped around the parking lot.

Photo for blog post 21st Birthday Spent at Everland

My first impression of Everland, we were teleported into another world. Similar feelings as the first steps into Disney world. Our group started the day with a visit to the Tulip Garden. I usually do not appreciate flowers; however, the presentation was beautiful. I would race with families and kids for a nice picture spot. 

After the Tulip Garden, we waited two hours in line for T-Express. I can wholeheartedly say that as an adrenaline junkie, this rollercoaster was the best ride I've ever ridden in my life. It was so fun that 10 minutes before closing, my friends and I raced back in line to ride T-Express one more time in the dark. 

While the first half of the day was taken up by waiting in lines, my favorite part of Everland was the hills of Cherry Blossoms. We had visited just in time for the bloom. I was mesmerized by the fields of flowers and the incredible view of the park at the top of the mountain. 

The overall experience at Everland was satisfying. It was my 21st birthday; I was pleased and content with how the day played out.