2 Months

Phillip D.

As of yesterday, I have officially been in this country for 2 full months. This past month has been different from my first, but everything has been a learning experience nonetheless. It’s crazy to think that I have less than a month and a half left in this place. It’s something I’d rather not think about at all of were being honest. While I try my best to stay in the moment and appreciate everything positive that’s going on right now in my life, I can’t help but acknowledge the fact that the end is slowly approaching.

I’ve really come to love and appreciate this country for what it is and I’m still enjoying the experience of adapting and learning a completely different culture. Although not every moment I’ve had here has not been the happiest of moments, I know that I can take everything I’ve been exposed to here with me. This experience is something that is continuing to shape my perspective on how I view the world we live in and how I plan to stay involved as a citizen of it. Despite everything that I’ve experienced during the past month, I know that it’s shaping me into somebody that I will be proud of in the end and for that I am forever grateful.

-Phil