180-Hour TEFL Certification
Bundle And Save. You’ll Be Glad You Did.
Build a Strong Foundation for Your Life of Adventure
Choosing a life of immersion is not an easy thing to plan for. When you choose to move, teach and travel abroad for a living, it’s impossible to plan for everything life will throw at you! Getting certified with our 180-hour TEFL course ensures you’ll be equipped to take it all on. This 14-week program includes CIEE’s 150-hour certification and our 30-hour age specialization course. Going this route will prepare you to succeed as a teacher, a community member, a global ambassador, and citizen of the world.
COURSE QUICK FACTS
- Courses start every two weeks
- The online coursework takes 14 weeks to complete
- You can expect to dedicate 10-15 hours per week on coursework
- You will complete 20 hours of practicum, either at home or abroad with Destination TEFL
- You’ll get our 30-hour age specialization course where you can learn how to effectively teach young learners, teens, or adults
- Your certification never expires
- The only requirement of you: English fluency
What You Will Learn
- Intercultural competency for the classroom
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Grammar deep-dive, and how to teach it
- Speech and conversation activities
- Prepare fool-proof lesson plans and manage your classroom with ease
- Deeper understanding of age specific pedagogy
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
- The online course is available via Canvas, an online educational tool used by 2,000 school districts across the US.
- Work at your own pace, with your own schedule. Our flexible online TEFL course allows you to view lessons, read materials and complete exercises whenever is best for you — day or night.
- You’ll have the same expert tutor by your (virtual) side the entire course. The tutor will hold weekly tutorials to keep the material fresh, while also offering written and video feedback on your progress
- Participate in discussion boards and peer reviews to collaborate and interact with your peers who have similar goals, aspirations and strengths as you!
Practicum: Get Experience Before It Gets Real
There are three ways to teach ESL (English as a Second Language):
- AT HOME: Teach English to refugees, immigrants, and other non-native English speakers in your own community
- ABROAD: ESL teaching jobs are available in most non-native English speaking countries around the world.
- ONLINE: There is a growing need for ESL teachers online, especially for Chinese students. Earn money and experience without having to leave the house.
Discover all the ways you can use your TEFL certification!
At a cost of $1,250, You Get:
- All teaching materials and instruction
- Access to CIEE’s job assistance package
- Personalized feedback from an experienced TEFL tutor
- A 180-hour CIEE TEFL Certification that never expires
- You will be considered as a priority applicant for a CIEE Teach Abroad program
- With open enrollment, you can sign up and get started at any time
Want to learn more?Get the definitive guide to TEFL
You must have questions, and we have answers.GET THE GUIDE