CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance
For CIEE TEFL Students and Alumni of the 150- and 180-Hour Courses
CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance 101
Through its extensive network of partner employers, CIEE TEFL offers exclusive Job Placement Assistance to students and alumni of their 150-Hour and 180-Hour TEFL courses. This streamlined service expedites the job search process for qualified candidates seeking teaching opportunities in Hungary, Japan, Chile, and Spain. CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance is an excellent option for independent travelers with prior experience managing predeparture and in-country relocation processes, empowering them to confidently embark on their teaching adventure abroad.
Eligibility Requirements for CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance
To participate in CIEE TEFL's Job Placement Assistance program, you must be a current student or alumnus of the CIEE TEFL 150-Hour or 180-Hour TEFL Certificate course. Applicants must have completed their TEFL certification before commencing their teaching placements with CIEE TEFL's partner institutions. Additionally, candidates must meet the specific qualifications outlined by each employer, which may vary depending on the location.
Benefits of the CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance
Navigating the job search after TEFL certification can be daunting. While CIEE TEFL can't guarantee placement, we are committed to empowering our students to connect with reputable employers and secure teaching positions quickly. Our Job Placement Assistance offers a seamless application process, eliminates additional fees, expedites hiring with trusted partners, and provides diverse teaching opportunities to suit your preferences. Best of all, access never expires, allowing you to utilize our assistance whenever you're ready to embark on your teaching adventure abroad.
How to Get Started
To apply for Job Placement Assistance, begin by enrolling in either the 150-Hour or 180-Hour TEFL Certificate course. During your TEFL course application, select your preferred Job Placement Assistance location by clicking the provided link. Upon application submission, you'll undergo an interview process and collaborate directly with your chosen employer to finalize travel and employment details. We recommend selecting only one location at a time due to conflicting application timelines and our commitment to respecting our partner institutions' time.
CIEE TEFL Placement Assistance simplifies your path to a rewarding teaching career abroad. Embrace this opportunity to embark on an enriching teaching experience and make a positive impact on the lives of students worldwide.
Placement Opportunity Locations
- Living Situation: City living in Santiago, Chile.
- Type of teaching role: Full-time instructor in a private language academy for adult students.
- Perks: Flexible work schedule, opportunities to learn Spanish.
- Teaching in Chile is best for those who are looking for a good work-life balance, to work on their Spanish-speaking skills, and who are wanting to work with adult ELL students.
- Living Situation: City living in Budapest, Hungary.
- Type of teaching role: Full-time co-teacher in a bilingual school setting.
- Perks: Teaching contract includes a monthly wage, free housing accommodations, a transportation pass, and a food stipend.
- Teaching in Hungary is best for those who thrive in collaborative work environments and are proactive travelers seeking to explore Europe in their free time.
- Living Situation: Rural or city living in the entire region of Murcia, Spain.
- Type of teaching role: Part-time language & culture assistant in a public school.
- Perks: Part-time schedule, 3-day weekends.
- Teaching in Spain is best for those who are open to a more dynamic teaching position and are looking for a contract that offers flexibility for travel during their teaching tenure.
- Living Situation: Rural or city living throughout Japan.
- Type of teaching role: Full-time instructor in a private language academy for all ages.
- Perks: Teaching contract includes a monthly wage, paid vacation, subsidized rent, and a flight allowance.
- Teaching in Japan is best for those who are seeking a structured professional development path, a strong sense of camaraderie among colleagues and students, and immersive opportunities to enhance their understanding of Japanese language and culture.
Follow CIEE TEFL on Instagram!
How to Apply
Step 1: Create a myCIEE Account
To embark on your journey to teach English abroad, start by creating a myCIEE account. This secure online portal will serve as your central hub for managing your TEFL certification and job placement applications.
Step 2: Enroll in a CIEE TEFL Certificate Course
Next, select and enroll in either the 150-Hour or 180-Hour TEFL Certificate course that suits your learning preferences and teaching goals. These comprehensive courses provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively teach English as a foreign language in various settings.
Unsure which course suits your needs? Schedule a call with a CIEE TEFL advisor for personalized guidance.
Step 3: Apply for Job Placement Assistance (Optional)
If you're eager to secure a teaching position upon completing your TEFL certification, consider applying for CIEE TEFL's Job Placement Assistance. Within your TEFL course application, you'll find an option to select a preferred Job Placement Assistance opportunity. Once selected, complete the Job Placement application and await further instructions.
Once you've submitted your application(s), expect to receive an acceptance email for the TEFL course within five business days.
Upon the commencement of your TEFL course, CIEE TEFL will forward your Job Placement Opportunity application to their partner institutions for consideration.
Got questions about getting started? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Still Have Questions? We Have Answers!
In general, most teaching positions begin in the fall, which means job applications should commence during the preceding winter or spring. That said, CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance opportunities (except for Spain) accept applications year-round. Remember, the entire process from application submission to starting your teaching job abroad typically takes 6-12 months, so you’ll want to plan accordingly.
Yes, there are several ways to find teaching positions abroad besides using CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance. Here are a few options:
- Search online job boards: Numerous online job boards cater specifically to teaching positions abroad. Some popular options include Go Abroad, Go Overseas, and Indeed.com.
- Network with other teachers: Attend teaching conferences or join online forums to connect with other teachers who have experience teaching abroad. They may be able to provide you with leads on job openings or offer advice on the application process. As a CIEE TEFL student or alumni, you will have the opportunity to join the CIEE TEFL Facebook group to connect with other English teachers and stay in the loop about open teaching positions.
- Contact schools directly: Many schools abroad hire teachers directly without going through a third-party agency. You can find contact information for schools on their websites or through online directories.
- Apply to teach abroad programs: Aspiring TEFL teachers can seek employment abroad through established teach abroad programs, sponsored either by a country's government or a private program provider. Government programs offer reliable placements but limited support, while program providers provide comprehensive guidance and resources. CIEE's Teach Abroad programs offer a trustworthy and reliable path to securing teaching positions in top destinations worldwide.
While these methods can be effective, they can also be time-consuming and require a lot of effort. Using CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance can streamline the process and make it easier to find a teaching position abroad that meets your needs and preferences.
Selecting the ideal location to teach English abroad is an exciting decision. To narrow down your options, it’s important to research potential destinations and to reflect on your personal aspirations for this experience. Creating a pros-and-cons list can be helpful, and you can also download our free Workbook to Teaching English Abroad for interactive guidance.
If you're still undecided, it’s always helpful to reach out to someone who has taught in the locations you're considering. CIEE Teach Abroad and TEFL staff have extensive teaching experience abroad and are eager to share their insights and help you find the perfect match for your goals. Feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can schedule a call with a CIEE TEFL advisor.
CIEE TEFL provides complimentary one-on-one coaching sessions for students of the 150 and 180-Hour TEFL Certificate courses, empowering them to navigate the TEFL job search process, including TEFL job interview preparation. We recognize the challenges of the interview process and are committed to supporting you throughout your journey.
Yes! CIEE TEFL offers a comprehensive suite of resources on our website to empower your TEFL job search. Delve into our Ultimate Guide series for insightful information on teaching abroad in various regions and popular destinations. Complementing the Ultimate Guides, our Ultimate Workbook to Teaching English Abroad assists you in prioritizing your goals and comparing potential teaching destinations.
Hear from CIEE TEFL Alumni
"Having weekly tutorials was nice because I do better having an instructor and I struggle with the typical online class set-up where you are alone and navigating everything yourself. It was nice getting to talk with everyone and it felt more like a real class."
"I feel as this course was structured incredibly efficiently and in a way that was easy to integrate into my daily life. I feel like it has given me a strong foundation to grow upon as I pursue a career in education."
"Alix, the instructor, was such a joy to learn from. She always gave back helpful feedback, answered questions, was very understanding, and encouraging! I'm so happy I got to take the class with her."
"It covers basically all of the information that you need to know before teaching abroad or teaching English in a multicultural setting. I recommend this course because of the benefits of CIEE teaching placements and job assistance after the course finished."