CIEE TEFL Certification
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certification Courses
Not just a TEFL certification.
CIEE Online TEFL Certification courses offer:
- Live tutors who give personalized feedback
- Weekly live meetings
- Small class sizes that are capped at 13 students
- Opportunities to collaborate with peers through discussion boards
- Intercultural training to help you navigate diverse cultures in the classroom
Don’t just earn. Learn.
CIEE TEFL Certification is for fluent English speakers looking to not only earn a certification but also learn how to be a successful English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher. We offer a range of online TEFL certification courses – with practicum options at home or abroad – that fit everyone’s experience levels.
Want to learn More?Get the definitive guide to TEFL
You must have questions, and we have answers.Get the Guide
What is TEFL Certification?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. You can teach English abroad, or in your home country.
An effective TEFL certification course will include:
- English language acquisition theory (understand how your students learn English so that you can successfully teach them)
- Language teaching methodologies (we all have different learning styles – arm yourself with a teaching toolkit to ensure you reach all your students)
- Grammar modules (you can formulate grammatically correct sentences - but can you explain why they’re correct?)
- Intercultural training (if you’re going to take one thing away from a TEFL course this is it – understanding individual cultures plays the biggest role in actually helping your students learn English)
- Required practicum hours (put your new skills to use as a TEFL teacher on the other side of the desk)
Guess what – CIEE TEFL Certification Courses offers all these things, PLUS:
- Dedicated US-based staff to help you with every question along the way
- Flexible course start dates – new courses start every 2 weeks
- Opportunities to complete your practicum training abroad
- An extensive network of over 350,000 alumni worldwide
- Access to expert Teach Abroad staff to help you get you a job teaching English overseas
How to use your TEFL certification?
Teach English Abroad
CIEE Teach Abroad will land you a job abroad, get you a visa, and support you every step along the way.
Teach English at Home
Be a positive influence in the lives of immigrants and refugees in your community by teaching English.
Teach English Online
Earn money working from home or while traveling the globe by teaching English online.
Teach English with Confidence
What People are Saying
"The course material is informative and broken down in a way that makes the course great for visual, audio, and kinesthetic learners."P. Mongo, Westwood, Mass., preparing to teach in Thailand
For the first time, I really began to believe in myself as a teacher.M. Royster, Michigan, preparing to teach in Spain