Welcome to My World

Caroline C.

Prior to my recent graduation from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia I was faced with the daunting question “What’s next?”. As my final spring semester geared up, I realized that I wasn’t quite ready to go to graduate school, but also wasn’t thrilled at the idea of pursuing a corporate job in the United States right away. I longed for the days I spent studying abroad in Sevilla, Spain during which I was fully immersed in a culture different from my own.

It has been a dream of mine to live abroad ever since I was a little girl - my family has always placed emphasis on the importance of language, learning, and expanding one's worldview. Now the time has come to make my dream a reality by working as an English teaching assistant in Madrid through CIEE. During my time in Spain, I hope to become fully fluent in Spanish, connect with people from all over the world, and make a lasting impact on my students. 

As I spend the summer in my hometown of Alexandria, Virginia I am working on becoming TEFL certified and focusing on doing all of my favorite local activities for the last time (for now!). I am not sure yet if I’ll be in Spain for one year or many, but I cannot wait for my second chapter in Spain to begin!