60-Hour TEFL Certification
Build Your Foundation, or Simply Get Back to Basics
Brush Up on Your Skills, or Get a Taste of What Teaching English is All About
This course will give you the basic preparation you need in order to succeed as an ESL teacher. The 60-hour certification course can be completed at your own pace over the course of six months. Automated and flexible, this course is a great option if you want to refresh your teaching and general TEFL skills. It’s also a great option for individuals who want to explore teaching English as a foreign language, but aren’t 100% set on pursuing a TEFL career just yet.
In this course, you’ll learn about the role of a teacher in a foreign classroom, as well as various learning styles and different educational environments for your students. You’ll learn invaluable skills such as lesson planning and classroom management, and you’ll gain important knowledge regarding best practices and approaches for teaching English in general. Unlike other TEFL providers, CIEE’s 60-hour course includes a look at intercultural issues such as different communication styles and cultural values, so you can be prepared to effectively interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds all over the world.
Course Quick Facts:
- With open enrollment, you can sign up and get started any time.
- This course can be completed at your own pace over the course of 6 months
- This course averages about [x amount of hour to complete]
- This course is a great refresher for current TEFL teachers
- This is a great exploration course for individuals curious about teaching English as a foreign language
- You get the support of an experienced TEFL tutor
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with your peers (who are also interested in TEFL or getting a
- CIEE TEFL provides valuable lessons related to cultural values so you can be prepped and ready to communicate with people from all over the world
- CIEE TEFL is internationally recognized and accredited
- Your certification never expires
- The only requirement of you: English fluency
This basic 60-hour course is self-paced and designed to allow you to complete coursework at any time during a six-month period. Experienced tutors provide support using our innovative video feedback tool, andspecial discussion boards allow you to interact with peers who are also taking the course. This is also a great opportunity for you to interact with individuals who have similar goals and aspirations as you — not everyone is brave enough to pursue TEFL! You can seek guidance from experienced teachers taking the course, or ask newbies what they think about teaching abroad.
Students work independently, attending online presentations and completing online readings. This means you can work whenever you’d like, and wherever you like — whether that’s early in the morning, late at night, in a coffee shop, at home, or wherever you feel most inspired.
Once you complete the 60 hours of online coursework, you’ll be awarded a 60-hour, world-accredited TEFL certificate. You’ll get your certificate by both mail and email, so it’s easy to provide to you potential employers as you apply.
Our courses are hosted on Canvas, a user-friendly Learning Management System used by over 800 colleges, universities, and school districts. Watch our video to get an overview of our easy to use course platform, and a sneak-peek at what your interaction with our tutors, discussion boards, and live tutorials will look like!
At a Cost of $300, You Get:
- All teaching materials and instruction
- Feedback on your coursework from an experienced TEFL tutor
- An optional 10-hour grammar module
- A world-accredited certificate