150-Hour TEFL Certification
Learn to teach, travel, and make a difference
Prepare For All That Lies Ahead.
It’s impossible to plan for everything life will throw at you, especially when you choose a life of immersion. Getting certified with our 150 hour TEFL course ensures you’ll be equipped to take it all on. This 11-week track will prepare you to succeed as a teacher, a community member, an ambassador and citizen of the world. It all starts now.
Course Quick Facts
- Only requirement is English fluency
- Courses start every two weeks
- Online coursework lasts for 11 weeks
- Courses capped at 13 students
- 10-15 hours per week of coursework
- 20 hours of practicum, at home or abroad
- Internationally recognized and accredited
- Your certification never expires
What You Will Learn
- Intercultural competency for the classroom
- Language Teaching Methodologies
- Grammar. You’ve already learned this. Now you’ll learn to teach it.
- Speech and conversation activities
- Preparing a lesson plan and classroom management
Download an example of the 150-hour course syllabus.
How You Will Learn
- Learn on Canvas, an online educational tool used by 2,000 school districts across the US.
- Whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, our flexible course allows you to view lessons, read materials, and complete exercises within your schedule.
- You’ll have the same expert tutor by your (virtual) side the entire course. They will hold weekly tutorials to keep the material fresh, while also offering written and video feedback on your progress
- Participate in discussion boards and peer reviews to collaborate and interact with your peers.
Practicum: Get Experience Before It Gets Real
After completing 11 weeks of online coursework (130 hours), you’ll immerse in a 20 hour practicum to be carried out at home, or in one of our overseas destinations: Czech Republic, England, Italy, Spain, or Thailand. With a certificate, and real world experience under your belt, you will be a top candidate for ESL jobs around the world.
There are three ways to teach ESL:
- AT HOME: Teach English to refugees, immigrants, and other non-native english speakers in your own community
- ABROAD: ESL teaching jobs are available in most non-native English speaking countries around the world.
- ONLINE: There is a growing need for ESL teachers online, especially for Chinese students. Earn money and experience without having to leave the house.
Teaching Job Placement in Murcia, Spain
CIEE TEFL offers direct job placement through the Ministry of Education in Murcia, Spain. Upon completion of your 150-hour TEFL certification, we will connect you with a job to teach abroad this fall in the picturesque coastal region of Murcia.
Learn more now
- All teaching materials and instruction
- Guidance on where to find teaching opportunities
- Personalized feedback from an experienced TEFL tutor
- A world-accredited, never expiring certificate
- Be considered as a priority applicant for a CIEE Teach Abroad program
- Eligibility to add on an optional 30 hour, age specific course, discounted at $150
- With open enrollment, you can sign up and get started any time.
Take your certification further
Gain more knowledge and experience with our optional 30-hour course, including:
- 3 week course for teaching young learners, teens, or adults
- Addresses learning needs tailored to every age group
- Ideal for those who know they want to teach a specific age group
- As a 150-hour alumni, course fee is $150 (regular price $270)
- Earn a certificate once completed
Want to learn more?Get the definitive guide to TEFL
You must have questions, and we have answers.GET THE GUIDE