Information for term Global Entrepreneurship
Application deadline, and cost information.
Extended DeadlineMay 2, 2023
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Deadline: May 2, 2023
- Dates: Jun 18 – Jul 8, 2023 (3 weeks)
Extended DeadlineMay 16, 2023
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Deadline: May 16, 2023
- Dates: Jul 9 – 29, 2023 (3 weeks)
OverviewClick to Open
Inspire your entrepreneurial thinking in Singapore, a hub for sustainable businesses.
At the forefront of technology, Singapore is where incredible business ideas become reality. Through accelerated, interactive classes, discover how to get a viable and sustainable business off the ground. Using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals as a framework, team up with other Global Navigators to discuss community challenges, pitch a sustainable business solution, and participate in an “ideas fair” to share your prototype.
Singapore is home to tens of thousands of startups doing social good and improving people’s lives. Connect with innovative guest speakers. Engage directly with local businesses on their sustainable and ethical business models. Gain practical business skills as you assess social entrepreneurship opportunities, requirements, and risks.
There’s lots to enjoy outdoors on the island. Stroll along Marina Bay and meet local teens at art festivals. Get fresh air at nature parks and try delicious food at restaurants—local dishes like char kway teow noodles and chili crab. On excursions, hop on a ferry to the island of Pualu Ubin and cruise “The Historic City” of Malacca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Develop business and social entrepreneurship skills that create positive change for society. Come home ready to take the next steps on your entrepreneurial journey.
CREDENTIALS FOR YOUR FUTURE
Topics for your college essays, experience to inform your future career, and a Business Proposal showing off your sustainable business ideas.
LIFE SKILLS AND NEW FRIENDSHIPS
Return with greater self-confidence, independence, and improved communication and leadership skills. Enjoy a broader worldview and friends of different backgrounds from across the U.S.
HOURS OF EXPERT INSTRUCTION45
WEEKS PURSUING YOUR PASSION3
Location & CultureClick to Open
Welcome to Singapore, a small island of many contrasts and diversity.
Known as the “City in a Garden,” Singapore is located on the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula. This tiny island sitting between the Indian Ocean and South China Sea is the largest and busiest port in Southeast Asia. Previously a Malaysian city, Singapore became its own country as it evolved into one of the world’s greatest commercial centers. It’s referred to as an island, but Singapore is not just one island—it’s made up of 63!
The modern metropolis full of skyscrapers keeps a picturesque, calming beauty about it. It’s one of the world’s greenest cities—clean air and clean living is a priority. Almost half of the island is covered by parks, gardens, and plant life. The Singapore Botanic Gardens, its most popular park, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Culturally rich hotspots like Singapore’s Chinatown and Little India are a must-visit. Dishes at food markets combine Chinese, Malay, and Indian flavors. The National Museum of Singapore, one of your excursions, is also an essential place to understand the country’s multi-ethnic cultures.
CIEE wants all our students to feel welcomed, supported, and empowered to succeed while studying abroad. Local CIEE staff have provided details about conditions and cultural attitudes that students with specific identities might encounter in Singapore.
Daily LifeClick to Open
Each day offers a balance between interactive instruction and cultural activities with time on your own, too. Morning classes and afternoon activities may swap places.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Experiential learning with expert instructors and business entrepreneurs
- Lunch with your fellow Global Navigators
- Out and about for a Cultural Activity or visits to local businesses
- Dinner out in the community
- Overnight or day excursions to top sites
- Quality time with friends
Hotel, shared rooms with other Global Navigators
1 Program Leader for every 12 students and support from local staff
ActivitiesClick to Open
Just imagine all the fun you’ll have!
- Feel the energy of old and new in the vibrant streets of Chinatown. Stroll by Buddhist temples, Mosques, and Hindu temples all in the same street.
- Take a ferry to Pulau Ubin. Explore the sandy beach, rock formation, seagrass lagoon, mangroves, and coastal forest of the Chek Jawa national park. Learn about the government’s eco-conservation efforts.
- Get an exclusive look into a Singapore startup directly from its founder and jot down expert tips on how to set up a company and secure funding from investors.
- At the National Museum of Singapore, the nation’s oldest museum, get inspired by the multiethnic and multicultural stories that have shaped the island to what it is today.
- On a visit to Malacca in Malaysia, hike up to the 16th century St. Paul’s Church, take a river cruise to see colorful architecture, and tour farms to understand the agriculture and cottage industries.
Please note activities are based on past programs and subject to change at CIEE's discretion to adapt to local circumstances and participant feedback. Our goal when arranging activities is always to enhance your experience.
What Students Are Saying
"I’m extremely happy that I had the opportunity to participate, learn new things about business, leadership, and meet new people and a new culture."Gabija M., Global Navigator Alum
"The Global Entrepreneurship program was very well-structured and interesting. I learned a lot from classes and the guest speakers. This program tests the student's skills, improves them and gives insight into the modern-day business world."Marta S., Global Navigator Alum
"In our project, it was so good to see how all the teams were working, trying to do their best. I was surrounded by real leaders and future entrepreneurs and that atmosphere is what I really loved."Greta K., Global Navigator Alum
"Not only did we learn in the classroom, but we were allowed to be outside and learn from real business people."Lily Z., Global Navigator Alum
Dates & FeesClick to Open
Dates & Fees
- Program open to all current high school students: Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
- For scholarship eligibility requirements, please check our Scholarship page.
- This program involves engaging in moderate-intensity physical activities.
Program scholarships and tuition include iNext Travel Insurance, but do not cover the cost of flights. Find additional details about what’s included with your tuition.
More questions? Find answers, get application support, sign up for virtual presentations or contact us.
|Summer Session I 2023 3 weeks||May 2, 2023||Jun 18, 2023||Jul 8, 2023||
|Summer Session II 2023 3 weeks||May 16, 2023||Jul 9, 2023||Jul 29, 2023||