Global Navigator Scholarships
Summer 2022 Applications Are Now Open!
Navigating today’s interconnected world requires a range of global competencies – with intercultural awareness and communication skills at the top of the list. That’s why our study abroad programs focus on language proficiency, local interactions, and intentional reflection – in countries all over the world.
We seek to provide life-changing study abroad experiences to as many motivated students as possible. It’s a critical part of our overall mission: to encourage and prepare students to connect and communicate across cultures, and make a positive impact in today’s complex global/local society.
That’s where Global Navigator Scholarships come in. They make study abroad opportunities more accessible to more students, which in turn helps more and more students reap the immense benefits of these programs. Last but not least, they provide students like you with the chance to win a selective grant.
Global Navigator Scholarships are a prestigious honor that can help you stand out. More than just a one-time benefit, they add weight to your college applications, resumés for career opportunities, and other experiences to come.
Global Navigator Scholarships are awarded in two ways:
- Merit scholarships: covering 10% of tuition costs (no financial information collected in application)
- Scholarships based on a combination of merit and financial need: covering from 10% to 100% of tuition costs
How Does It Work?
Who can apply?Click to Open
Academic Merit + Financial Need scholarship: any current freshman, sophomore, or junior who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident may apply. A new application may be submitted each year if previous year awards were declined. Those who have traveled on an Academic Merit + Financial Need scholarship in prior years are not eligible for the scholarship again. However, they are eligible for an Academic Merit Only scholarship.
Academic Merit Only: all high school students are eligible to apply.
What are the scholarships for?Click to Open
Scholarships aim at making the cost of studying abroad more affordable. Scholarship awards go towards the cost of program tuition only. Please note scholarship awards cannot cover the cost of airfare.
Which programs offer scholarships?Click to Open
All of our CIEE Global Navigator High School Summer Abroad programs offer scholarships, with the exception to our Global Entrepreneurship program in Portland, Maine.
What is the deadline?Click to Open
January 14, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
If you are applying for an Academic Merit Only award and decide you want to go on a program, regardless of whether or not you receive a scholarship award, you may contact us to have your acceptance be fast-tracked and reserve your spot on program. Programs do fill up as the deadline approaches.
If you have any questions, please contact your school or CIEE at email@example.com.
How are applications evaluated?Click to Open
Awards are based on a combination of financial need, merit, and passion for our program themes. Merit is based on your transcript, GPA, and the quality of your application.
What are your chances?Click to Open
We award hundreds of scholarships each year. You never know until you apply! Historically, more scholarship dollars are awarded to students in our Language & Culture programs. So if that’s your area of interest, you’re encouraged to give it a shot!
- Scholarship awards are applied directly to your account to offset CIEE program tuition for a single session.
- Scholarship awards cannot be applied to domestic or international airfare, passport or visa fees, or personal spending money.
- Students who received a Global Navigator Scholarship for a previous summer are not eligible to apply.
- It is a smart idea to check out airfares prior to applying, and to anticipate that as a factor in your overall costs when budgeting. For instance, flying to Mexico or the Dominican Republic can be half the price of flying to Spain!
- For more cost-saving advices, see our fundraising section.
Still Have Questions?
We’re here to help! Call our team at 1-866-583-0332 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org today.