Looking To Make Your Trip More Affordable?
Here are some ways to defray expenses:
- Apply for a Global Navigator Scholarship by the priority deadline to increase your chances of getting a scholarship. It also gives you more time to fundraise! No scholarship applications will be considered past the final deadline. Check out our Global Navigator Scholarship page for more information.
- Join forces with other student travelers to brainstorm a fundraiser.
- Create a fundraising appeal of your own. Reach out to those with similar interests – and explain the educational or service-learning work you'll be doing overseas.
- For alumni-proven fundraising tips, download the Student Fundraising Toolkit!
Fundraising Is a Great Way to Help Pay For Your Adventure Abroad.
Look at the video below to see how one of our Global Navigators raised over $5,000.00 in just six weeks!
Creative Fundraising Ideas
Put your heads together with other student travelers to brainstorm creative fundraising ideas. Or devise a doable plan on your own, based on your skills, interests, and things you do best.
- Pet-sitting or dog-walking
- Yard work
- Window washing
- Car washing
Design and create some eye-catching business cards and/or flyers to advertise your services! Be sure to describe the educational or service opportunity for which you are raising money.
Global Bake Sale
A traditional bake sale with an international twist! Sell Irish scones or soda bread, Italian biscotti or anisette cookies, French baguettes, Mexican wedding cakes, Tanzanian chapati.
- Practice your culinary skills with recipes from around the world.
- Make signs to describe each baked good, including its origin, history, and ingredients. Be sure to advertise that the funds raised will go towards an educational or service learning opportunity — in the name of good global citizenship!
- Hold a yard sale.
- Sell clothing and items on E-Bay.
- Ask family and relatives if you can use their frequent flyer mileage.
- Be a "user tester" for websites.
- Make a website for a local business or charity.
- Teach adults how to use social media. (A one-hour session with five people @ $10 each = $50.)
- Tutor elementary or middle-school students.
- Teach English as a second language online.
- Busking (for musicians).
- Art Exhibit (for artists and friends).
- Put on a play or mini-musical.