Carnival Comes Early to Latin America!

There is exciting news about our Latin America study abroad portfolio. As the #1 provider of study abroad programs in Latin America, and the #1 proponent of breaking down barriers to study abroad (cost, curriculum, and culture), CIEE is making 2020 the year to meet our neighbors to the south!

First, we want to fly students to Latin America… for free!

In 2020, all semester participants studying in Latin America in the spring or fall (or students taking at least two CIEE Open Campus Blocks at Latin America locations) will not have to worry about the cost of travel.

We’re offering free flights (up to $1000!) to any of our Latin America and Caribbean programs and locations:  Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Santiago and Valparaíso, Chile; Monteverde, Costa Rica; Havana, Cuba; Santiago, Dominican RepublicCusco, Peru; and Yucatán, Mexico.  ​

Second, we’re adding even more business and STEM courses. 

Over two dozen business and STEM courses, all delivered in English, will be added to our best-in-class portfolio of study abroad options, including direct enrolled, island programs, and intensive language programs.

Third, we’ve just sent a team of program advisers and enrollment staff on the road, so they will be able to truly share with your students what it is like to study in Latin America.

An interdepartmental team of CIEE staff members (dubbed “Oceans 11” because they are a group of 11 and will see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!) is on the ground right now visiting Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, and Mexico. They are sitting in on classes and joining excursions; meeting with students and staff; and even experiencing home stays! You can follow their journey at the links below: