Information for term Spanish Language & Culture
Application deadline, and cost information.
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Dates: Jun 10 – Jul 7, 2018 (4 weeks)
Program Deadlines and Pricing Info
- Dates: Jul 8 – Aug 4, 2018 (4 weeks)
OverviewClick to Open
Practice Spanish in the gorgeous capital city of Andalusia.
What’s a typical day like in Seville? Because of the heat, mornings are for outings and afternoons for language classes!
Throughout your stay, practice speaking Spanish in shops, markets, and cafes. You’ll also explore the city with tours led by CIEE staff and local professors. Need some extra assistance with your Spanish language skills? We’ll have local students ready to help.
Enjoy your favorite tapas during nights out with new friends; dance the flamenco during a cultural class or spend a morning touring churches, cathedrals and other architectural gems; stroll along the scenic Guadalquivir River or relax along the banks while taking in the local rowing culture. Mingle with peers and meet Spanish high school students through organized activities.
You’ll also spend quality time with your host family, practicing your Spanish as you prepare and share meals, shop at local markets, learn local customs, and enjoy everyday family life in a different country, far from home.
60 hours of instruction in Spanish by CIEE professors
4 college credits may be used to apply toward your future college degree, to demonstrate your ability to do college-level work, or to test out of a language level in college
A certificate of language learning in Spanish, and documented language growth through pre- and post- program testing
Location & CultureClick to Open
Take in the flamenco beat and the grace of the city’s Moorish architecture.
Go deep into this vibrant center of culture, in Spain’s beautiful Andalusian region. Seville is home to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is rich in cultural history. The Seville Cathedral, one of the three largest churches in the world, is a must-see. The 15th-century building, which sits on the former site of a 12-century mosque, is the final resting place of Christopher Columbus.
Daily LifeClick to Open
"Today, we went to a flamenco class and learned how to dance a basic sevillana. ..."
Learn more about daily life on this program.
Carefully Screened Host Family
24/7 Support from your CIEE program leader and in-country CIEE staff members
ActivitiesClick to Open
- Visit architectural and historical landmarks like the Alcázar de Seville, Plaza de España, Las Setas, and Seville Cathedral.
- Survey Seville’s amazing art treasures, including masterworks at the Museum of Fine Arts by Bartolmé Esteban Murillo, Francisco Pacheco, Francisco de Zurbarán, and Juan de Valdés Leal.
- Take a walking tour of Seville’s trendy art scene and remarkable urban graffiti.
- Go on a kayaking trip up the Guadalquivir River, which runs through the heart of Seville.
- Take cooking classes with local chefs. Enjoy making dishes like paella, tortilla Española or patatas bravas – and then enjoy tasting your culinary creations!
- Put your best foot forward and try some flamenco lessons at a local dance studio. What have you got to lose?
- Get to know even more of Spain through fun group excursions to Granada, Cádiz.
Dates & FeesClick to Open
Dates & Fees
- At least one year of High School Spanish. For intensive language immersion, see our Alicante or Palma de Mallorca programs.
- Program open to all current high school students: Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
- For scholarship eligibility requirements, please check our Scholarship page.
Optional College Credit Fee
$100 Learn more
|Summer Session I 2018 4 weeks||Rolling Admissions||Jun 10, 2018||Jul 7, 2018||
|Summer Session II 2018 4 weeks||Rolling Admissions||Jul 8, 2018||Aug 4, 2018||