Visit to the US Embassy of Argentina

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

What amazing experience our students from CIEE today. Not only was it Dia de la Amistad "Friendship Day" but also the celebration of  the UNITED STATES-ARGENTINA BICENTENNIAL: 200 years (1823-2023) of friendship. They got the chance to meet the US Ambassador of Argentina, Mr. Marc. R. Stanley and to go inside for a tour of his Residential House where he resides with his lovely wife while living in Argentina. When the students arrived they were greeted by some welcoming interns who directed them into the grand ballroom with some delicious Argentinian cookies and some café con leche. Yum, Yum!!! 

The Ambassador gave an informative speech in which he talked about the great relationship the US has with Argentina which this year marked their 200th year of friendship. He talked about how it was living in Argentina, the people, the culture, and the way of life here. He talked about educational exchanges, health care, agriculture, energy, and technology. He told the students how much Argentinian life differs from the US and told them to use this opportunity of being here to explore the country. Then the students had a chance to ask their own questions, for example "What will he bring to the US from Argentina?" He said things like Dulce de leche, culture, and a little Spanish.

At the end of our tour the students took a beautiful picture outside with the US Ambassador and his wife in the beautiful garden and thanked him for the invitation & warm welcome. What an epic visit for our Global Navigators in Buenos Aires, Argentina!!!