Searching High and Low in Tokyo Skytree

Japanese Language & Culture

Julia Nawa

At 634m high, Tokyo Skytee is the tallest tower in the world and the tallest building in all of Tokyo. Being the pinnacle of Tokyo, both of Skytree's decks are big hotspot for tourists and locals alike. 

Our students partook in a photo taking scavenger hunt created by myself in the first session. The scavenger hunt consists of different places within the two observation decks with prompts that needed to be followed to win a prize!

PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT PROMPTS

• Take a photo of your lunch
  • Ask someone in Japanese to take your group photo at the W1SH RIBBON 
    • EXTRA: individually purchase a ribbon and ask your group members in Japanese tp take a photo of you tying the ribbon to the monument
  • Take a silly group selfie with the high-resolution digital telescope on the WEST side
  • Take a group selfie with the Tokyo Skytree post box
    • EXTRA: if able, send a post card from the Skytree and take a photo
  • Find your favorite Disney character and take an individual selfie with the character
  • Ask someone in Japanese to take your group photo at Sorakara Point, the highest point of Tokyo Skytree (451.2m)!
  • Group selfie on the glass floor

Though I created this scavenger hunt, I was suprised to see the excitment and tenacity the students showcased in completing this activity. The prize was a suprise so they were all anxious to await the end goal. One group showcased exceptional leadership and completed all the tasks correctly so they took home the gold. I truly hope the students were able to take in the views of Tokyo and enjoy the search for all the key points from the scavenger hunt!