Mirador del Palacio de Cibeles and Weekly Reflections

Jennifer Duffy

This Lookout had some of the most amazing views of the city!  We highly recommend that you check it out!

The Language and Culture students in Madrid have stayed very busy this week with their classes, afternoon cultural activities, and spending the evening with their host families.  Some of their comments during their reflection debriefs today included the following:

"Although I am living in a completely different country, in fact, there are a lot of similarities from family life to family values in both my family in the United States and my host family here in Spain."

"My host mom has remarked that my speaking abilities have improved.  During an after-dinner conversation, she said that they can hear a difference in my confidence when I speak, and that I speak faster and more often now."

"I am always insecure with my Spanish level and, due to this I try not to speak a lot with other people in Spanish.  I am afraid of making a mistake.  This program has taught me the importance of just communicating with others."