La última noche

Spanish Language & Culture

Ani Haroian

Session One Madrid's last evening all together was a night full of laughter, hugs and maybe a few tears :) These students are incredible. Each one has grown immensly from when they arrived in Madrid a month ago. 

Host families dropped students off at the hotel...a few difficult goodbyes! A delicious dinner was served by the hotel and then the closing program began. Each program leader presented each student with an award specific to that student for who was "most likely to..." Students enjoyed hearing their peer's awards and reminiscing on their month together. Four students, one selected from each language class, showed special committment to the language pledge signed at the beginning of the month. Felicitaciones a Elijah, Cora, Sydney and Ashley for their above and beyond work this month! The closing of the program included students sharing thoughts and parting words to the group on their experience and what it has meant to them. These students are returning the USA tomorrow to go back to their "normal" life, but this experience has helped each one grow in global awareness, and they will be forever changed from it. ¡Buen viaje!