Getting in the Swing of Service

Leadership & Service in Children's Education

Kaylee Haskell

On Wednesday, the Global Navigators began their service-learning adventure at two different schools in Accra. Half of the group went to the Shalom Home while the rest of them headed around the corner to Christah International School.

Christah International School teaches kids from the nursery age to fourth grade all subjects ranging from basic math to the Ghanaian political system. Global Navigators are responsible for assisting the teacher in the classroom by grading papers, leading discussions and more. On Friday, our students had the opportunity to join the CIS students for their field day. The day was filled with football (soccer) matches, sack races, musical chairs and even a group dance party at the end.

Shalom Home School is the second service site that students are attending. The Christian-based school houses students from age two to first grade level.  The past few days of service has been filled with playing and watching children, grading papers, assisting the teacher in shape-learning lessons and participating in songs and dance. Some of our students had the opportunity to learn some of the dances that the school-students were learning for their upcoming graduation ceremony. Our students have thoroughly enjoyed their time thus far and are looking for to more experiences and creating more memories at the Shalom Home.  

Medaase,

Kaylee and Keyandra

Twi Word of the Day-

Today's Twi word of the day is sukuu which is school in English. We love the schools that we visit for service!

Photo for blog post Getting in the Swing of Service
Sir Rich leading Wednesday morning worship at the Christah International School.