El Castillo de Santa Bárbara

Jennifer Wall

On Tuesday afternoon our global navigators climbed up Mount Benacantil to experience the Castillo de Santa Bárbara, which was built in the 9th century. We sure got a work out as we climbed 166 meters (544 feet) up to reach this amazing site. The view was well worth the walk! We got the chance to see Alicante with a birds-eye view and we could not have been more impressed! While the winds might have had our hair flying all about, the views took our breath way. The students enjoyed time moving around the Castillo (Castle) and took lots of pictures as they were in awe of the landscape. 

On Wednesday we divided into two groups to take a bicycle tour and see the Archeological museum. One got the chance to stretch our legs and experience the scenic route while the other tested their sight and reading skills with historic information for the times of prehistory Spain to modern times.

We are so excited to be heading to Madrid this weekend for our first excursion! We will be sure to take lots of pictures and we will have so much to share!
¡Hasta la próxima!